- You create an application with Visual Studio Express 2008 (or some other express thing)
- You created a win32 console application (so that you dont' have to deal with win32 api)
- You want to set a custom icon for your app (instead of the generic .exe icon that shows up)
- Add a new (.rc) file to project (empty file)
- add the following line to the .rc file you just added to the project
- Copy the customicon.ico file to source code directory of the project.
- Build your application just like you would normally. (using the menu options in VC Express)
- Check the .exe created in the release/debug folder based on your configuration.
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=246232 (some discussion forum)
http://qtcreator.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html (some blog post for qt dev)