Skip to main content

I got MAIL!!!

Just another day in the lab i was struggling to read as usual..
unable to take the heat of reading the Research papers i started
redesigning my webpage, checking my emails in the mean while.
I saw a mail from pjn which said "AWAY" i was confused by the
subject name. Any way i just clicked on it and read the mail and
was exited to know that pjn was going out of station for nearly
10 to 15 days.. but the exitement did not last long.. the next
lines in the message were regarding some kinda reading requirement
for the Ms/R students. I have to prepare a list of papers that
i've got to read :(( i asked pjn about the same, he asked me to
prepare a list of 50 papers from which he would select about 15
to 10 papers which would have to be read in detail in a systematic
manner which he mentioned in the mail. So i started to search for
more papers related to animation and computer graphics.I could
not continue it any more.. i was being pinged by the ideas of
changing my home page.. and i had to do something about it.. so
i started off by drawing stuff to be put up on every page. It
turned out fine.. but then it was totally unnecessary.. i was not
free i had lot of work to do yet i was changing my home page..
waiting eagerly for the time to go past 4.30pm so that i can
run away from the lab and play cricket.
And yahoo i completed the drawings for my home page.. it now looks
more lively ( i guess ) http://research.iiit.net/~vkrishna/index.php,
i was adoring the looks of my new home page when i got the
call for Cricket :)
What happened in the ground is another wonderful experience..
my team was "me, eric, bachan, thunder, sreeram" myself and sreeram
went to bat in first we could not put in much score.. the whole team
was out with score of 37.We had to bowl tight.. but then we could not
do any thing about it.. Pondy was in good form he was hitting any
ball any where.. :( and the match was a disaster to our team as expected.
Then in the next game i wanted to put up a good fight so bowled first
and their batsmen could not get much out of my over, next sreeram
bowled and that was a good over too that score was 4 after 2 overs.
Then this new guy who joined our team started to bowl and pondy was
batting.. he hit him like hell and then the score was 46 finally
after 5 overs. And again our batting lineup was screwed and SB
was bowling the final over and myself batting for an impossible to
win game. Suddenly SB comes running and throws the ball right at me..
( litrally threw it.. ) G.r.r.r what the hell was wrong with him..
any way i took it to be his imitation of my bowling.. they keep
complaining that my bowling is a throw.. well whats' theirs.. first
class bowling?? cmon..it's just a fun game.. but throwing the ball
like that was totally Insane. SB tried to pleed to me but i was not
in a position to hear or understand him.I just walked away silently.
I felt like calling home after the long Frustrating day so called
home.. mom picked up and was very happy to hear from me.. told me
loads of stuff about who came to house what she has been doing..
how the fishs' are growing.. :) and how she told dad that i sent him
a shirt i did not send for his birthday.. i was very happy to know
that.. i damn' did not get the idea i could do that :( well any way
i m' happy to know that my mom did it for me :) hmm end of day was
kinda ok...as usual i played age and went to sleep.

Comments

Anonymous said…
coolest post have come across till to date... awesome booty.. awesome. sb throwing.. :))

Popular posts from this blog

Vehicle Physics (Godot 2D)

I've always been fascinated with the vehicle physics used in games. I played so many racing games / the hill climb games and every single time i would wonder wow that must be really hard to do. Thanks to the new generation of game development tools, developing physics based games has become almost a second nature to most people. I didn't want to be left out so i gave it a shot.. I tried setting up vehicle physics in GoDot Engine for a 2D vehicle. Here is what the vehicle scene looks like.. 2D vehicle setup in GoDot As you can see the body collision shape is not right but the rest of the stuff just works. The idea is simple think of what parts move along with the body vs what doesn't. I was kinda stuck setting up the pinJoint2D in GoDot, it actually clearly takes two nodes under the properties. This makes sure that the wheels are hinged to the DampingSpring2D. The Damping Spring2D takes two physics bodies(Body and the PinJoint2D) and makes it work like shock ab

Epic Games Store on Steam Deck

EGS ( Epic Games Store ) like it or hate it, has been giving away free games and if you like free games you would have picked up atleast a couple of them. So given that some of those games are Deck Verified / Playable, its fair to assume you would like to install the EGS on the Deck.  Installing EGS on Steam Deck Switch to Desktop Mode on your Steam Deck Download the EGS installer for windows from the Epic Store website: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/download (using your web browser of choice)      Open Steam in the desktop mode and add the installer as a non-steam game                                In the browse window, switch from .desktop files to All files. Select EpicInstaller-xxx.msi and add it to steam library. Find EpicInstaller in your steam library and open its' properties by hitting the "Gear" icon on the right side of game details page. Set the proton compatibility to latest one. Now hit the play button and go through the install screens of EGS.  Once t

Flash animations in GoDot Engine

If you have not heard about GoDot game engine,.. you should check it out right away.. godotengine.org Last time, i wrote a blog post about my experience making a simple physics game to GoDot Engine. Though there are a bunch of free options announced during the GDC this year, i thought ill' contribute to the engine. The one piece that is most important for game dev is the pipeline for the engine. One of the most common tools used for 2D animations is Flash. I have been using a library called Super Animation for almost all the games we've made for android at TMG. It's  a  free tool which lets you convert swf files to .sam files. This file can then be loaded in Cocos2Dx using the Open source loader library  https://github.com/raymondlu/super-animation-samples I thought it would be a good idea to port this cpp library to GoDot so that i understand how to write custom modules for the engine. This is the video of the module in action. I have exposed