Thursday, April 16, 2015

LoL Wars

Have you ever had a discussion about the game that you just played?..how about that awesome game where you took down a bunch of enemies or turrets..or provided amazing support to your team?

Well we have built a small trump card game with the data from the last couple of games that you played in league of legends.

We built this for the api challenge that has started recently, asking developers to build some apps using the api they provide to expose the user/game data to other apps.

You can see it in action here

If you wish to try it out..have a go at it.. Note that this is still a proof of concept with a bunch of use cases still not handled... You should be able to play with your friends without problems though.

You can play LoL Wars

If you would like to contribute to the project Head to github project

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Godot H5 build

The Godot engine is a pretty good alternative for any of the 2D/3D open source engines out there. One if the features that got me excited about the engine was the Html5 support.
With one click of the button you can export the game onto any of the platforms android, iOS, mac, Linux and html5. The only problem... The h5 exporter didn't work right out of the box for 1.0 version of Godot.
I looked at it and was unable to figure out what was going on. I searched their forums, Facebook page and the only answer I got was that it was broken and that the devs knew about it.
The html5 exporter was based on emscripten. I downloaded the source code and tried to compile for h5. The platforms is described as JavaScript.
The compilation was working fine but linking not so much. It would report a lot of unresolved symbols .. The basic things like gd script were not working. I had to look up how scons worked. Had to figure out why the existing build wasn't working. ... Then I came across a bug report that said that the emscripten was too strict about the order of object files included in an archive and would straight out not include them.
The solution for this was to use the default .bc format output for creating archive  for emscripten compiler/linker.
I created a sample scons app to figure out how to change the build config variables and was able to get it to work. I quickly created a pull request for the build fix and posted it on Godot git repo.
I was able to learn scons and the emscripten both at the same time.

You can pick the godot build that works for H5 from here https://github.com/vkbsb/godot/tree/h5_canvas_polygon_fix